Better Conversations with Aphasia is now live!
To access the resource, visit https://extendstore.ucl.ac.uk/product?catalog=UCLXBCA click ‘select’ and set yourself up with a login. Remember, it’s free and accessible to all! Happy browsing – an online survey will be added soon so that you can give us feedback.
The website provides:
- a structured online learning environment for Speech and Language Therapists (SLTs) to develop their skills in delivering conversation therapy.
- a resource for People with Aphasia (PwA) and their family/friends who wish to find out about others’ experiences of participating in conversation therapy, and making and watching videos of themselves as part of this.
The website contains:
- video clips of conversations between PwA and their families/friends
- video clips of therapy in action
- therapy handouts and information sheets
- a range of study resources for SLTs including reflective logs and quizzes
- expert views from PWA of conversation therapy and video work, in audio and video format
- resources for general support
In addition, users of the website will have access to an online Conversation Therapy Network for peer support and expert advice.